- 3/4 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Red Fife Whole Wheat flour
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream butter with sugar and vanilla until combined.
- In a smaller bowl mix together flour and salt. Add flour mixture little bit at a time continuing to mix until well incorpoarted. Continue to mix at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets with butter.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into a ball, place onto cookie sheet and press with your finger or a fork.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool at least 20 minutes.