These spicy chewy treats are a great addition to your holiday baking!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- In a large bowl blend together the butter, sugars, molasses, fresh ginger and egg. In a separate bowl combine the flours, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and sea salt. Sift dry ingredients into wet mixture and blend until combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub lightly butter 2 baking sheets. Pour 1/2 cup of sugar into a bowl.
- Take teaspoonfuls of dough and roll into a ball. Drop each ball into the bowl of sugar and toss until lightly coated. Place each sugared ball on the baking sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating halfway through, until golden brown. Remove from pan and transfer to a rack to cool.