This week we’re baking for a good cause! We along with a lot of big-hearted folks at Farrow are participating a local bake sale to raise money for the people of Fort McMurray. One of many fundraising events taking place across the country.
Use the base recipe for a simple treat or add some extras to mix it up. We had some chocolate chips on hand that we used for the recipe below, but this would also work great with nuts or dried fruit.
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1 cup ripened mashed bananas
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease muffin tin or line with muffin cups
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and honey. Add eggs and beat. Mix in the vanilla, milk, then the mashed bananas. Add to the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, nuts or other extras until just combined.
- Divid batter evenly between the cups of a mini muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until a toothpick inserts comes clean.
- Let cool 20 mins. Enjoy alone or with a touch of honey butter.