You have a craving for homemade banana bread, but your bananas aren’t ripe enough. What do you do?
You’re in luck! Here are two super easy ways to ripen those yellow bananas fast:
How to ripen bananas in 30-40 minutes:
This tip originally comes from the blog One Good Thing by Jillee:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lay bananas on a lined baking sheet (the bananas leak a bit so the lining helps with cleanup) and bake for 30 – 40 mins until the skin is shiny and dark brown or black.
- Remove and cool for 30 minutes. Cut the bottom to squeeze out the softened banana.
How to ripen bananas in under 2 minutes:
- Using a fork or knife poke holes through the banana peel a few times on all sides.
- Place the banana on a plate then microwave 30 seconds. Let cool slightly and test softness. If necessary, continue to microwave for 30 seconds at a time until ripe enough.