A classic Thanksgiving dessert, featuring honey and spelt pie crust.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or make yourself here)
- 3/4 cup cream or milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- spelt pie crust (recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the pumpkin, honey, vanilla, salt, and spice together.
- Stir in the cream, then the eggs. Carefully pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Cover the edges of the crust with a pie shield (or foil – see this tip). Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a knife inserted into the centre of the pie comes out clean. Cool at least 30 minutes.
Adapted from recipe on Foodess.com.