On this Canadian holiday weekend, many households are celebrating the unofficial start of summer with barbecues, friends and family. These homemade crackers are a quick and easy way to whip up a last minute appetizer with cheese or your favourite dip. With this recipe you won’t ever have to buy store bought crackers again!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix salt in the water until dissolved.
- Stir in the flour until combined. Knead dough just enough to form a ball.
- Flour an overturned cookie sheet and roll out the dough on top of the sheet. This makes it easier to remove the crackers once baked. Make sure to roll the dough very thin to get a crispy cracker.
- Spray the surface of the dough with water. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, herbs and anything else you’d like on top of the dough. Poke all over with a fork. If you’d like neat crackers score the dough into grids with a knife.
- Bake until crisp and breaks apart, about 15-25 mins (depending on how thin the dough was to start).
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes then break apart and enjoy.