An easy recipe for dark chocolate mini muffins made with coconut oil and spelt flour, not to mention full of delicious chocolate chips.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin tin or line with muffin cups
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, yogurt and vanilla. Add eggs and beat. Add to the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the cups of the muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 10-12 mins, or until a toothpick inserts comes clean. Let cool 20 mins.
Makes about 48 mini muffins.