This is a guaranteed hit with it’s rich, decadent, fudgey taste. We dare you to stop at just one! It certainly was a favourite with our testers this week! The coconut oil adds a hint of coconut to the taste, but if you’re not a fan of coconut you can easily swap out the oil for a stick of butter. The espresso brings out the richness of the chocolate.
3/4 cup spelt flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup coconut oil
4 oz unsweetened baker’s chocolate
1 1/4 cups cane sugar
3 large eggs (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 tbsp hot espresso
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, sea salt and cocoa. Set aside.
- Place oil and chocolate in a large bowl and microwave for 30-40 seconds, then stir to mix until combined and smooth.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs, espresso and vanilla until fully mixed.
- Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Place in a greased 8X8 pan and bake for 35-45 mins until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool completely then cut and enjoy.