Fresh sweet Niagara cherries make the perfect compliment for these delicious muffins.
Makes about 18 muffins.
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup plain non fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, oil, honey egg and almond extract.
- Stir together dry ingredients and add to wet mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Add cherries and mix gently, then scoop batter into muffin cups.
- Bake in a 375º for 15-20 minutes or until tops are browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks.