A yummy and healthier alternative to the donut shop version. This recipe could be used for either bread or muffins.
1 cup large flake oats
1 cup milk or buttermilk
1 1/2 cups spelt flour
1 Tbsp flaxseeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, let oats soak in milk for 10mins
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, flaxseeds, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda, then combine with oat mixture.
- Beat egg and add to mixture, along with honey, vanilla and oil; mix batter gently
- Add fruit (and nuts if including) and stir just until incorporated
- Pour into greased loaf pan tin and bake for about 30 minutes (or until top is golden brown and firm to the touch)